Vegan Lemon Poppy seed Donuts. Easy Baked Lemon Doughnuts ready in 30 mins. Vegan Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. Gluten-free option.
These donuts are soft, zesty, lemony and beautiful with a sprinkling of poppy seeds! The batter needs just 1 Bowl, 15 Mins active time, then a wait to bake and cool, Make a double batch and freeze for quick snacking. Use chia seeds for variation.
The batter is similar to my lemon cake batter with poppy seeds mixed in. Pour into donut pan or lined mini muffin pan. Bake until golden. Dress with simple lemon sugar icing or vegan cream cheese frosting or just toss in some sugar and done.
More Donuts from the blog
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Spiced Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Cinnamon sugar SF
- Gluten-free Lemon Donuts
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Classic Donuts.
- Banana Bread Donuts
Print10 mins25 mins35 mins
Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts – Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Donut Recipe. Simple to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. Add my cream cheese frosting to make these extra special. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe.
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: American, Vegan Keyword: baked lemon donuts, poppy seed doughnuts, vegan lemon donuts Servings: 12 Calories: 145 kcal Author: Vegan RichaWet:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup add 1 tbsp sugar for sweeter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice 1 tbsp more if using whole grain flours
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water or non dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1 1/2 cup flour I use all purpose or a combination of all purpose and whole wheat pastry/white whole wheat flour, 1 :1 or 2:1 ratio
- 1 tbsp starch
- 1.5 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric for color optional
- zest of 1/2 to 1 lemon depending on the size of the lemon and your preference of lemonyness
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the 1 1/4 cup flour and the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk well to make a smooth batter. Add rest of the flour 1 tbsp at a time to make a smooth flowy batter, but not overly watery or overly stiff. You might not need all of the flour if using whole grain flour.
Pour the batter into a greased donut pan. Even it out using a spatula.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove the donuts.
You can use the cream cheese frosting from my lemon cake on these donuts or use a simple sugar icing (half cup of powdered sugar with a tsp or so lemon juice, whisk until icing consistency)
Dip the donuts in the prepared icing or frosting. Sprinkle more poppy seeds on the top.
Nutrition is for 1 Donut.
Nutrition FactsLemon Poppy Seed Donuts Amount Per Serving Calories 145 Total Fat 5g Sodium 93mg Potassium 124mg Total Carbohydrates 22g Sugars 8g Protein 1g Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Original Article