Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies. Soft shortbread like cookie dough dusted with cinnamon sugar, rolled, sliced and baked for cinnamon roll bites. Refined Oil-free Vegan Recipe. Cinnamon Rolls, but in a cookie form with shortbread crust, rolled up with cinnamon sugar filling = Addictive! These cinnamony bites are a perfect treat for fall or the holidays. No added oil in these cookies! The nut butter and nut flour makes them a sturdy shortbread like cookie, which is crisp and soft with a cinnamon sugar filling. Add an icing if you like. These cookies are Easy, delicious and a favorite of everyone.
More cookies from the blog
- PB Chickpea Cookie Pie- Can be nut-free. GF
- Lemon Chia Cookies. GF option
- Cardamom Snikerdoodles. GF option
- Peanut butter Pecan Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies GF option
So cinnamony!Use other spice blends for variation. Such as pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, chai spice etc. Add a sugar icing to add to gift baskets! Print10 mins15 mins25 mins
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies. Soft shortbread like cookie dough dusted with cinnamon sugar, rolled, sliced and baked for delicious cinnamon roll bites. Refined Oil-free Vegan Recipe.
Course: Cookie Cuisine: American, Vegan Keyword: cinnamon cookies Servings: 12 cookies Calories: 99 kcal Author: Vegan RichaCookie Dough:
- 2 tbsp smooth cashew butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon , or use other blends suh a pumpkin pie spice, chai spice etc
- oil spray or water spray as needed
- In a bowl, add the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine. (let sit at room temp for 10 mins so the nut butter warms and mixes easily).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to make a soft dough. I start with 3/4 cup flourand add a tbsp more at a time.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 mins. if still sticky, add a tbsp more flour. Roll it out into a thin rectangle.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined. Spray water or oil on the rolled out dough. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture. Roll dough into a log and seal the edge with water.
Let the log chill for 15 to 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 335 deg F (168 C)
- Slice and bake for 12 mins. Cool completely. Add a sugar icing if you like. Store coverd onthe counter for upto 3 days, refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.
To make these nutfree, use sunbutter and sunflower seed meal.
I havent tried these gluten-free. A gluten-free blend should work. Keep the dough moist so it doesnt break apart while rolling.
Nutrition is for 1 cookie
Nutrition FactsVegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies Amount Per Serving Calories 99 Total Fat 2g Sodium 50mg Potassium 56mg Total Carbohydrates 17g Sugars 7g Protein 2g Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Original Article