Say goodbye to the days of adding a carton of yogurt into your kid’s lunchbox! These homemade Dairy Free GoGurt pouches are the perfect option when you want to send your kid off to school with a healthful snack option made without artificial ingredients or food coloring. Made up of only four ingredients, these yogurt packs on-the-go are full of dairy free plain yogurt, fresh fruit, maple syrup and…wanna take a guess?
RELATED: DIY Chocolate Pudding Snack Packs
Give up? It’s chia seeds. I wanted to thicken up the yogurt little more without changing the flavor profile as well as add a little more nutrition to these Homemade GoGurts and the chia seeds did just the trick!
I actually made these using three different techniques and this was the most successful. In order to get a yogurt that is still thick and not soupy, you have to blend the fruit first along with the lemon juice, maple syrup and chia seeds; THEN stir in the yogurt.
Throw these homemade Dairy Free GoGurt pouches into your kid’s lunchbox for a healthier snack option. Made with yogurt, fresh fruit, maple syrup, & chia seeds!
- 1 c. plain nondairy Greek yogurt (like Forage)
- 1 c. fresh fruit of choice
- 1 lemon wedge, juiced
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- In a high speed blender, blend the fruit, lemon juice, one tablespoon maple syrup, and chia seeds together. If you are using frozen fruit, place into a small saucepan along with the maple syrup and lemon and warm up over medium heat until just thawed out, and then blend with the chia seeds. Add more maple syrup at this point after you taste it if you find it needs to be sweeter.
- Remove from the blender and pour into a Pyrex measuring cup with a spout.
- Stir yogurt in with a wooden spoon. Pour into zip bags from the Pyrex cup and chill in the fridge or store in the freezer to keep fresh longer.
RELATED: Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt Cups
The prep is easy too! Simply dust off your blender on Sunday night, whip this recipe up in a quick snap, throw them into the fridge or freezer, and pop these homemade Dairy Free GoGurt pouches into the lunchbox on the morning of. So easy right? You’re welcome.
- DIY Chocolate Pudding Snack Packs
- Dairy Free Breakfast Banana Splits
- Smoothie Bowls Kids Will Love
- Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt Cups