Mango Overnight Oats with Turmeric and Chia Seeds. Golden Overnight Oatmeal with toasted oats. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Soy-free Recipe.
Summers can get busy and tiring and all I need is some already made breakfast that will wake me up. And these Mango Overnight Oats with chia seeds and turmeric are just that. Vibrant, Refreshing, chilled and Delicious.
Get some ripe mangoes, puree with non dairy milk. Toast some old fashioned oats (toasting adds a nice nutty flavor and also improves the oat texture and flavor), add some seeds. Mix with mango puree, layer with some chia pudding, berries or other toppings and done. Use certified gluten-free oats if needed or gluten-free muesli of choice to keep this glutenfree. I topped these jars with wild blueberries, coconut and chia seeds.
More make ahead Breakfast Options
- Banana Bread Chia Pudding
- Carrot Pudding
- Turmeric Orange ChiaPudding
- Lemon Curd Chia Pudding
- Banana Rice pudding parfait
Tips to make your favorite Overnight Oats.
- The consistency of the overnight oats can be adjusted to your preference. Use almost the same amount of liquid as oats, just a bit more (about 2/3 cup for 1/2 cup oats) and adjust from there.
- Make the overnight oats your own with additions of sliced fruits and fruit puree of choice, some nut butter swirls, granola, spices, zest and more.
- Overnight oats will keep for upto 3 days depending on the fruit used.
- Use muesli for variation instead of just oats.
- For these mango oats, I like more mango in the oatmeal than the oats (who doesnt!), adjust the liquid,less or more to preference.
Print10 mins10 mins1 hr20 mins
Mango Overnight Oats with Turmeric and Chia Seeds. Golden Overnight Oats with toasted oatmeal. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Soy-free Recipe.
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: fusion, Gluten-free, Vegan Keyword: basic overnight oats, easy overnight oats, mango oatmeal, overnight oatmeal Servings: 2 Calories: 292 kcal Author: Vegan Richa
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats , use certified gluten-free if needed or use a gluten-free muesli of choice
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds or other seeds or chopped nuts optional
- 2/3 cup non dairy milk
- 1 ripe mango cubed
- pinch of salt
- 2 drops of vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar , maple or sweetener of choice (or 3 dates)
- Toppings: Fresh berries or mango or other chopped fruit seeds, nuts
- Mix the chia seeds in the water. let sit to thicken for 15 mins, then spread at the bottom of the serving jars.
Toast the oats in skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 mins. Add the sunflower seeds or nuts half way through. You want to the oats to get just slightly toasty and nutty. Add to the jars.
- Blend the mango with the sugar, non dairy milk, turmeric, salt and vanilla.
Pour the mango mixture into the jars and mix lightly to combine with the oats.
Let the mixture chill overnight. Top with fresh fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, and other toppings such as coconut, chia seeds and serve.
You can mix the dry chia seeds into the oats mixture. Blend 1 cup total non dairy milk with mango and mix in.
For these mango oats, I like more mango in the oatmeal than the oats (who doesnt :)), adjust the liquid,less or more to preference.
Variation: Use 1/2 cup non dairy yogurt and 1/4 cup non dairy milk instead of 2/3 cup non dairy milk to make mango lassi overnight oats.
Nutrition is for 1 serve
Nutrition FactsMango Overnight Oats with Turmeric and Chia Seeds Amount Per Serving Calories 292 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 36mg Potassium 337mg Total Carbohydrates 40g Dietary Fiber 9g Sugars 17g Protein 8g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.