Vegan Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe. This Chocolate Chip Quick Bread is super easy and popular to everyone. Add seasonal berries, make cupcakes, add a streusel for variation. Vegan Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. GF option
If you loved the Cinnamon Swirl Cake, you’ll love this simple chocolate chip cake as well!
A simple vanilla cake batter with chocolate chips or chunks mixed in. Whats not to love! Add berries, pineapple, apple, nuts or other additions. Swirl in some nut butter. Loads of variations. Make this loaf your own for breakfast, or with a decadent chocolate frosting for dessert!
This quick bread is Soft, Easy, flexible!
Try more Baked Quick Breads and Cakes
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Lemon blueberry pound cake
- GF Cashew Butter Chocolate Marble Cake.
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Bread yeast-free.
- GF Carrot Banana Bread – Also grain-free.
- Sweet Potato Crumb Cake. GF
For no oil and no refined sugar free cake, try this Turmeric Coconut Loaf.
Slices after sitting for a day above.
Tips to Bake Soft, moist Vegan Cake/bread Loafs
- When baking loafs or thicker cakes, you want a thicker batter compared to cupcakes or regular cake batter. The thinner batter takes much longer to cook the moisture out and will tend to either be gummy at the bottom or fall in the center.
- Many factors determine the consistency of the batter. How the flour is measured, the kind of flour etc. Start with less flour when using whole grain flours and add more as needed. Too stiff a batter will dry out faster while baking.
- Let the cake cool lightly covered with a towel or a container so that all the moisture doesnt evaporate out. This is esp helpful when baking without oil. If baking with no or less oil. add more topping such as a streusel, oats, more chocolate chips or berries. The thicker topping allows more moisture to stay in the cake.
Print10 mins45 mins55 mins
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe. This Chocolate Chip Quick Bread is super easy and popular to everyone. Add seasonal berries, make cupcakes, add a streusel for variation. Vegan Soyfree Nutfree Recipe
Course: Dessert Cuisine: American, Vegan Keyword: chocolate chip bread, chocolate chip quick bread, vegan chocolate chip loaf Servings: 10 Calories: 218 kcal Author: Vegan RichaWet:
- 1 cup non dairy milk , such as almond or soy
- 1 tbsp non dairy yogurt or applesauce or more non dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or other vinegar
- 1/3 cup unrefined sugar , use 1 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1/4 cup oil or use 3 tbsp applesauce to make oil-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops of almond extract , optional but wonderful
- 2 cups of flour (I use a mix of unbleached all purpose(1.25 cups) and wheat(3/4 cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips i like a mix of mini and regular size vegan chocolate chips
Line a 9 by 5 inch or smaller loaf pan with parchment or grease well. Preheat the oven to 360 deg F (182 deg C). In a bowl, mix in the wet ingredients until the sugar is fully combined.
In another bowl, whisk 1 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add spices of choice if you like. See GF option in Notes below. (Optional: Add 2 tbsp almond flour to the dry for additional texture). At this point you can also toss in seasonal berries of choice.
Fold the dry into the wet until just about combined. Add more flour if needed 1 tbsp at a time to make just slightly thick batter (you might not need any depending on the flours used).
Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips and mix in. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. or top with a streusel of choice.
Bake for 50 to 55 mins. Cool for 10 mins, then remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing. Store on the counter for upto 2 days, refrigerated for upto 7 days, freeze (slices) for upto a month.
- To make cupcakes/muffins: Bake for 22 to 24 mins for regular size muffins
Bake in a brownie pan, bake for 40 mins.
Gluten-free: Mix 3/4 cup white rice flour, 1 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup potato starch, 1/2 tsp citric acid and 1 tbsp chia seeds/flax seed meal. Use 1 3/4 cup of the flour mix and add more as needed.
See gluten-free christmas cake for details about process, need for citric acid and batter consistency. If making it without citric acid, bake the batter into cupcakes.
Variations: Add seasonal berries with the dry ingredients.
Swirl in some softened peanut butter into the batter before topping with chocolate chips.
Nutrition is for 1 slice
Nutrition FactsVegan Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe Amount Per Serving Calories 218 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 136mg Potassium 127mg Total Carbohydrates 32g Sugars 12g Protein 3.4g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.