Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese & Pineapple. Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins! Soft, Moist, Delicious Pound Cake like Muffins. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Glutenfree option
I don’t know why I had not tried Blueberries + pineapple. They go so well together! Tart, Sweet and summery. Folded into a moist muffin batter.
These muffins are 1 Bowl and simple. They are soft, moist and dense like pound cake if you use vegan cream cheese, which also adds a slight cheesecake like flavor. For variation, use non dairy yogurt or thick cashew cream instead of the vegan cream cheese.
More Muffins and loafs from the blog
- 1 Bowl Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. GF option
- Turmeric Carrot Chia Muffins. Golden sunshine
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Tall and Moist Banana Muffins. GF
- Chia Orange Cranberry Muffins
Print10 mins25 mins35 mins
Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese & Pineapple. Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins! Soft, Moist, Delicious Pound Cake like Muffins. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Glutenfree option. Makes 9 to 11 muffins
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: American, Vegan Keyword: blueberry pineapple muffins, vegan muffins Servings: 10 Calories: 187 kcal Author: Vegan RichaWet:
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (I use kite hill almond plain) Or Use cashew cream or vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp oil or use more non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or use 2 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1/3 cup vegan sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour (I use a combination of unbleached all purpose and whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple or use 1/4 cup more berries
- Line a muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F(185 C). Blend the wet ingredients in a blender with 1/2 cup non dairy milk. Add to a bowl. Use 2 tbsp more dairy milk to rinse out the blender and add to the bowl. (or add all the wet ingredients to a bowl, mix with a spoon until smooth and well combined)
- Add 1 cup flour, salt, baking powder to a bowl, mix well. Add to the wet.
In the same dry bowl, add 1/2 cup flour, blueberries and pineapple and toss to coat. Add to the wet bowl and mix in. The batter should be thick and stiff. If it is too stiff, add a tbsp of non dairy milk and mix in.
- Drop the thick batter onto lined muffin pan. Bake at 365 degrees F for 22 to 25 mins.
Cool completely and frost or glaze. I use this cashew vanilla frosting. Store ont he counter for a few hours and refrigerate for upto 3 days. This muffin also does well with a cinnamon streusel topping. The muffin tastes more cheesecakey after sitting for a day.
Gluten-free: Use a mix of 2/3 cup while rice flour, 3/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup potato starch. Use 1.5 cups of the mix. Add more if needed for a stiff batter.
Nutrition is for 1 muffin
Nutrition FactsVegan Blueberry Muffins with Pineapple Amount Per Serving Calories 187 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 80mg Potassium 144mg Total Carbohydrates 27g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 11g Protein 2g Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Original Article