Mexican Street Corn Salad with Black Beans and Chipotle Mayo. Elote Bean Salad or Elote Dip. Serve with Tortilla Chips. Vegan Gluten free Nutfree Recipe.
Roasted Corn is fab this time of the year. I love the fresh corn grilled with some lemon and chili powder, or loaded on occasion. Elote style loaded corn can be a bit messy, so I decided to make it off the cob! Add to it some black beans for a heartier dip/salad and a dollop of chipotle mayo and you are ready for the summer potluck!
I use corn kernels to make a super quick roasted corn in a skillet. When I have time I grill the corn, shuck the kernels as use. You can also use preroasted kernels. Many options! This roasted corn bowl is amazing as is as a dip! Add a drizzle of chipotle mayo to take it to the next level. and of course loads of cilantro. Whats your fave corn side for summer?
More Summer Salads and Dips
- Crunchy Vegan Asian Salad With Baked Tofu & Garlic Soy Maple Dressing GF – This baked tofu is perfect on many salads
- Jalapeno Popper Dip.
- Quinoa Arugula Mediterranean Salad. GF
- Firecracker Chickpea Salad with Thai peanut dressing GF So filling
- Tabbouleh Pasta Salad. SF
- Southwestern Pasta Black Bean Salad. a Picnic staple
- Thai PB sauce and Sprouts Dip. GF
How delicious does that bowl look! If you make it, do let me know in the comments how it turned out! Tag me on Instagram @veganricha
Print5 mins15 mins20 mins
Mexican Street Corn Salad with Black Beans and Chipotle Mayo. Elote Bean Salad. Serve with Tortilla Chips. Vegan Gluten free Nutfree Recipe.
Course: Side Dish Cuisine: Mexican, Vegan Gluten-free Keyword: elote dip, mexican elote salad, roasted corn salad, summer corn salad Servings: 4 Calories: 285 kcal Author: Vegan Richa
- 1 tsp oil
- 10 oz corn frozen or fresh kernels
- 15 oz can black beans or 1.25 cups cooked
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced
- 1/4 tsp or more salt depends on if the beans are salted
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped or use a quarter of green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 -2 tsp lime juice
- optional add ins or garnish: chili powder blend ,hot sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo or use thick cashew cream and add some salt and more of the spices below
- 2 to 3 tsp lime juice
- water to thin
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat When hot, add corn and cook to golden brown on some edges. (Oil-free: You can dry roast the corn kernels on a skillet Or Grill 2 or 3 dehusked corns on a grill or gas flame until blackened spots all over. Remove the kernels using a knife and continue.)
- Add beans, smoked paprika, paprika, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and toss to coat. Cook for a min for the spices to infuse.
Take off heat. Cool and Mix in the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and toss. Add lime, salt if needed. Add cilantro and toss.
Serve as is with additional lime wedges or with the chipotle mayo and a sprinkle of hot sauce. Serve with tortilla chips or warm pita, as a dip or serve as a side salad.
- For the chipotle mayo, mix everything and thin to drizzling consistency. Taste and adjust tang, salt and heat and use.
Make it just roasted corn dip with more corn. Add some vegan almond cheese and serve.
Nutrition is for 1 serve
Nutrition FactsMexican Street Corn Salad with Black Beans and Chipotle Mayo. Elote Bean Salad Amount Per Serving Calories 285 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 461mg Potassium 570mg Total Carbohydrates 37g Dietary Fiber 10g Sugars 4g Protein 10g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Original Article