Easy 1 Bowl Vegan Zucchini Bread. Hearty Zucchini Bread with Chia seeds and Chocolate chips. Add some walnuts or other nuts for variation. Vegan Nutfree Recipe
Is your zucchini crop filling up baskets yet? The abundance of summer squash around means a lot of grilled veggies, minestrone, shredded zucchini fritters, zucchini sloppy lentils and more ways to use them up.
This zucchini bread is another popular loaf to add to the repository. With chia seeds for additional nutrition, these soft, moist, delicious slices make a for a great breakfast or snack. Add nuts, other toasted seeds and dried fruit for a hearty breakfast loaf. For Gluten-free try this GF Zucchini Loaf.
More Bakes from the blog
- Golden Turmeric Coconut Loaf – 1 Bowl.
- Grain-free Carrot Banana Bread. Use shredded zucchini instead of carrot for Grain-free Zucchini Banana Bread,
- Carrot Turmeric Chia Muffins.
- Sweet Potato Pie Bars.
- Pumpkin Pecan Crumb Coffee Cake.
- Gluten-free Cakes and Loafs.
Tips for a great zucchini bread
- Zucchini can have a ton of moisture which can end up throwing the dry to wet off balance and making the bread gummy. Squeeze out the zucchini for best results.
- Use a good balance of batter to zucchini. More zucchini than what the batter can handle also can yield gummy or wet result.
- If you arent accustomed to or fond of the chia texture, omit the chia seeds.
Print10 mins55 mins1 hr 5 mins
Easy 1 Bowl Vegan Zucchini Bread. Hearty Zucchini Bread with Chia seeds and chocolate chips. Add some walnuts or other nuts for variation. Vegan Nutfree Recipe
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: American, Vegan Keyword: easy zucchini bread, summer zucchini loaf, vegan zucchini bread with chocolate chips Servings: 12 Calories: 172 kcal Author: Vegan RichaWet:
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk , such as almond milk, soy milk
- 1/3 cup raw sugar or light brown sugar or coconut sugar , 1-2 tbsp more for sweeter
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour (I use 1 cup unbleached all purpose and 1/2 cup wheat)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp spices like cinnamon , optional
- 1 cup shredded zucchini , squeezed between paper towels to remove excess moisture
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips , plus more for topping
Mix non dairy milk and chia seeds and let sit for 10 mins. Then whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients until well combined.
Fold in the zucchini. Add the dry ingredients and mix to make a thick muffin like batter. Fold in the chocolate chips (and 1/4 cup chopped nuts if using). ( If omitting the chia seeds from the wet, you will need a bit more flour to get the thick batter).
Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 tbsp chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 365 degrees F (190 deg C) for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean from the center. (baking time will depend on the moisture content of the zucchini and the batter) . For a gluten-free bread, see GF Zucchini Loaf
Variation: Add 1/4 cup shredded coconut to the dry. The coconut adds a darker caramelized color and amazing flavor to the bread.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread: Use 1 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
Chia: You can omit the chia seeds from the wet. Add another tbsp of sugar and mix in. You might need a few tbsp more flour.
Nutrition is for 1 slice of 12
Nutrition FactsEasy Vegan Zucchini Bread with Chia Seeds Amount Per Serving Calories 172 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 149mg Potassium 134mg Total Carbohydrates 27g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 12g Protein 2g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.