Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto. Easy Vegan Mushroom Risotto made in Instant Pot Pressure cooker. Saucepan option. Soy-free Nut-free Gluten-free Vegan Recipe.
It is supposed to be hot and time for fresh rolls and salads. But after a few days of heat we are back at a cold front again. Which means, it is still warm comfort food time. Risotto reminds me of khichdi/kitchari. Creamy, comfort food in a bowl that is simple, delicious and a canvas to build more flavor over. This Mushroom risotto is super quick, simple. Delicious, made in an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. It takes just a few mins to get the same creamy bowl that works for all seasons.
Saute the onion, brown the mushrooms, add the rice and roast for a minute, add the broth, mix, pressure cook and done. No standing near the stove top needed. Just 20 Minutes of Active time. Add herbs and flavors of choice. Stove top option in the Recipe notes. Serve with roasted seasonal veggies or a side salad!
Creamy comfort food without standing in the kitchen stirring!
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegan Butter Chickin(soycurls). GF – Creamy, Delicious
- Japanese Veggie Curry. GF
- Potato Chickpea Spinach Soup. GF
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup with Red lentils. – So Easy
- Sweet Potato Chard/Kale Curry – IP aloo Saag. GF
- More Instant Pot Recipes!
Print10 mins20 mins6 mins30 mins
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto. Easy Vegan Mushroom Risotto made in Instant Pot Pressure cooker. Saucepan option. Soy-free Nut-free Gluten-free Vegan Recipe. 20 Mins
Course: Main Course Cuisine: American, Gluten-free, Vegan Keyword: 20 minute mushroom risotto, comfort risotto, instant pot risotto, weekday dinner risotto Servings: 3 Calories: 311 kcal Author: Vegan Richa
- 3 tsp oil , divided
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms , white, cremini, portabella or mixed, 8 to 10 oz
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided (use less if using salted broth)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp tarragon or rosemary
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- a generous dash of black pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/4 cup water or veggie broth
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- vegan butter , vegan parm, a handful of chopped parsley for garnish
- Put the Instant Pot on saute. Once hot, add 2 tsp oil. Add onion, garlic and a good pinch of salt and mix and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and mix in. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 mins. Add 2 tbsp water or white wine to deglaze in between.
Add the herbs and black pepper and mix in. Add arborio rice and 1 tsp oil and mix in well to coat the rice. You can continue to roast the rice for 1-2 mins here.
Add water or broth and salt. Mix well. Cancel saute, close the lid, and Pressure cook for 6 mins (Manual hi).
Once the pot has finished the cooking time, press cancel so it does not stay on Keep warm. Carefully quick release the pressure from the pot in short bursts until the pressure indicator falls.
- Open the lid, give it a good mix. Taste and adjust salt and flavor if needed. Add in the spinach and mix in. Let sit for a minute.
Add some vegan butter or vegan parm (about a tbsp each). (For a creamier risotto, add 1/4 cup non dairy cream and mix in and bring to a gentle boil on saute.)
Serve garnished with parsley or scallions and a good dash of black pepper. Serve with a side salad, garlic bread, crispy breaded tofu or roasted vegetables. Stove top option below in the notes.
For variation: Add 1/4 cup dry white wine after adding the herbs.
Add a bay leaf or 1-2 tsp miso paste for flavor variations.
Stove top: Heat 3.5 cups of water or veggie broth in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to boil. Meanwhile, follow steps 1,2,3 in a large saucepan over medium heat. Reserve half of the mushrooms to mix in later. Add salt and broth 1/2 cup at a time and stir for a minute. Bring to a simmer, then add more stock, stir and repeat until the rice is cooked through. About 20 mins. Taste and adjust, Take off heat. Stir in vegan parm, vegan butter. Garnish with the reserved mushrooms.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 serves
Nutrition FactsVegan Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto Amount Per Serving Calories 311 Total Fat 5g Sodium 410mg Potassium 389mg Total Carbohydrates 58g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 2g Protein 7g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.