From time to time, I love sharing a recipe I’ve been making organically in my kitchen and enjoying on a regular basis. This smoothie is one of those recipes.
It all started with an obsession for banana and peanut butter, which goes way back to my favorite green smoothie.
Since then, my taste has become slightly more sophisticated and I’ve been enjoying more adaptogen and green powders in my smoothies for an extra boost of nutrition.
We hope you love this smoothie bowl. It’s perfect for all you peanut butter banana lovers out there who also love a healthy dose of greens.
The recipe happens in your blender in about 5 minutes.
Banana is blended with cauliflower and blueberries for a creamy, perfectly sweet base. Then add in a big handful of greens, a healthy dose of peanut (or your favorite nut/seed) butter for saltiness and protein, and dairy-free milk.
Not to worry, these add-ins don’t really affect the flavor because the banana and peanut butter combo still shine through (phew).
We hope you love this smoothie bowl. It’s:
Packed with nutrients + vitamins
Quick & Easy
& Super delicious
This would make the perfect snack or breakfast, especially during warmer months. It’s light and refreshing yet totally satisfying. Top yours off with a little granola for even more staying power.
If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know in the comments. And don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Peanut Butter Banana Green Smoothie Bowl
A 5-minute creamy green smoothie bowl infused with banana and peanut butter! Packed with vitamin- and nutrient-rich ingredients. The perfect marriage of savory and sweet in a healthy breakfast or snack.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings: 2 (smoothies)
Does it keep?
, previously (peeled, sliced, and frozen)
wild (or regular) frozen blueberries
(organic when possible)
(packed // fresh or bought fresh then frozen // organic when possible)
(either raw or steamed then frozen // organic when possible)
(or storebought // (we used DIY coconut milk )
(or barley grass powder)
(omit to keep recipe grain-free)
(omit oats to keep recipe grain-free)
- Add all the ingredients (bananas, blueberries, spinach, cauliflower, dairy-free milk, maca, ashwagandha, spirulina, hemp seeds, and peanut butter) to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on low/medium and use the blender wand to push ingredients around (if you don't have a blender wand, just blend on low until combined.)
- Add a little bit more coconut milk in small increments until creamy and smooth. For a thicker smoothie bowl, add less milk. For a thinner smoothie bowl, add more milk.
- Taste flavor and adjust if desired, adding more peanut butter for saltiness or banana for sweetness. Spirulina or more spinach will add a deeper green hue.
- Divide between serving bowls and garnish with toppings of choice. We went with oil-free granola, rawnola, and more frozen blueberries.
- Best when fresh. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Freeze into ice cubes for longer-term storage (~1 month) and add to future smoothies.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without serving ingredients.
*To reduce the fat content, sub peanut butter powder
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 21.7g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Sodium: 59.8mg
- Carbohydrates: 43.8g
- Fiber: 9.4g
- Sugar: 19.9g
- Protein: 12.6g