This Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Cake is super Easy and Quick. A simple yellow cake, swirled with cinnamon sugar makes for a delightful treat. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe.
When I crave some cinnamon roll action but want a super quick option, I make this cake! The simple 1 Bowl yellow cake is lightly sweet and makes soft and moist cakes. Add 2 layers of cinnamon sugar and swirl some in. Bake and done! Add a glaze if you like. The Cake is sweet enough and delicious without any. Serve as is or warm with vegan butter.
To make this gluten-free, try the flour mix from my gluten-free christmas cake.
This cake is soft, moist, cinnamony and vibrant. Perfect for a Sunday treat with Masala Chai or spiced coffee drinks, or carry along on trips or school. Add a glaze/icing to make it into a delectable dessert. Add some nuts with the cinnamon swirl. Bake the batter into cupcakes/muffins, so many options!
More Fantastic Bakes from the blog
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Lemon blueberry pound cake
- GF Cashew Butter Chocolate Marble Cake.
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Bread yeast-free.
- GF Carrot Banana Bread – Also grain-free.
- Sweet Potato Crumb Cake. GF
Print10 mins50 mins1 hrs
This Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Cake is super Easy and Quick. A simple yellow cake, swirled with cinnamon sugar makes for a delightful treat. Add nuts to the swirls for variation. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe.
Course: Dessert Cuisine: American, Vegan Servings: 6 Calories: 311 kcal Author: Vegan RichaYellow Vanilla cakeWet:
- 1 cup non dairy milk such as almond or soy
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar 1 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops of almond extract optional but wonderful
- a good pinch of turmeric for color optional
- 2 cups of flour ( I use all unbleached all purpose, or a combination of all purpose and wheat)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar light brown sugar or a mix of brown and regular
- 1.25 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom or chai spice or ginger or orange zest for variation
- Prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment or greasing. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F ( 180 deg C).
- Mix the non dairy milk and vinegar and let sit for 2 mins. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk well to combine. Sugar should be well combined.
Add the flour*, starch baking powder, baking soda and salt (through a sieve or mixed in another bowl). whisk well to combine. The mixture should be a flowy but just slighty stiff (depends on the flours used. (*If using more whole grain flour, start with 1 3/4 cup flour and add in more flour 1 tbsp at a time). You can also in some spices into the flour for other flavors.
- In a small bowl mix the cinnamon, sugar and a good pinch of salt. Press down with a spoon and mix until the cinnamon is mixed in.
- Add half of the batter to a prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture on the batter. Pour the rest of the batter and even it out. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top. Use a knife to swirl in lightly throughout the batter. Spray oil on top to seal in the cinnamon mixture
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes (depends on the pan and oven) Check from the center at 45 mins and continue baking till the toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Cool on the counter for 10 mins then remove from the pan and continue to cool completely before slicing. Slice and Store on the counter for upto 2 days and refrigerated for upto a week. Slices can also be frozen. Add an icing for dessert.
Variations: Add some chopped nuts on the cinnamon sugar layers for variation.
Bake into cupcakes with 1 or 2 cinnamon layer. Bake for 22 to 25 mins.
Nutrition is 1 of 6 serves ( 2 slices)
Nutrition FactsVegan Cinnamon Swirl Cake Amount Per Serving Calories 311 Total Fat 10g Sodium 269mg Potassium 212mg Total Carbohydrates 50g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 17g Protein 4g Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.