Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins with coconut. These Soft, moist and chocolatey muffins take just a few minutes and have no added oil. Vegan Nut-free Soy-free Recipe. Use dried fruit instead of chocolate to make oil free and refined sugar free.
Chocolate + coconut makes for a caramel chocolate flavor profile, which is perfect for right now. These Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins come together really quickly are soft but sturdy, chocolatey and easy. This recipes takes elements from my Turmeric Coconut Loaf that is also delicious, easy, gorgeous and oil free.
Just Blend up the wet, mix with the dry, fold in chocolate chips, pour into muffin pan and bake! done. You can also add a streusel on top for a decadent muffin with coconut flakes + nut butter + flour + cinnamon. The batter has no added oil. Use oilfree additions such as dried fruit, dates to make the muffins oil-free. The muffins use maple syrup as a sweetener.
More bakes from the blog
- 1 Bowl Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. GF option
- Turmeric Carrot Chia Muffins. Golden sunshine
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Tall and Moist Banana Muffins. GF
- Chia Orange Cranberry Muffins
Print10 mins25 mins35 mins
Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins with coconut. These Soft, moist and chocolatey muffins take just a few minutes and have no added oil. Vegan Nut-free Soy-free Recipe. Use dried fruit instead of chocolate to make oil
Makes 10 to 12 muffins
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: Vegan Servings: 6 Calories: 347 kcal Author: Vegan RichaWet:
- 1 cup non dairy milk such as almond or coconut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (add 1 tbsp sugar for sweeter)
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or other spices , optional
- 1/2 tsp vinegar (apple cider vinegar or white)
- 1 1/4 cup flour (I use half whole wheat pastry/spelt and half all purpose)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips and 2 tbsp for topping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners. In a blender, combine all the wet ingredients and blend for a minute to break down most of the coconut.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients well. Add the blended wet mixture. Mix to just about combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into muffin pan.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 mins. To make a loaf, bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
To make these gluten-free, use a mix of 2/3 cup while rice flour, 3/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup potato starch.
For variation: add a streusel topping of choice.
Nutrition is 1 of 6 serves ( about 2 muffins)
Nutrition FactsVegan Chocolate Chip Muffins with Coconut Amount Per Serving Calories 347 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 10g Sodium 182mg Potassium 272mg Total Carbohydrates 53g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 26g Protein 4g Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.