Ginger Coriander Sprouted Lentils Avocado Toast. Sprout Lentils or Mung Beans, Lightly saute with ginger, onion and tomato and serve over Mashed Avocado Toast. Vegan Nutfree Soy-free Recipe.
I love spiced sprouts for breakfast and I love avocado toasts with things on them, so voila. A simple and Delicious Breakfast. Lentils are sprouted, then cooked lightly with ground coriander, ginger, onion and tomato then served over avocado toast with a drizzle of lemon and pepper. So Amazingly good! 16 Gm of protein in this Breakfast or snack with whole grain bread slice and hemp seeds.
To make this gluten-free, serve the spiced sprouts as is with some lemonm and onion, or fill up gf tortillas with mashed avocado or guacamole and the spiced sprouts.
Easy, refreshing and Delicious! How you like your avocado toast?
More Savory Breakfast options
- Savory Oats Hash
- Chickpea Chilaquiles
- Sweet Potato Shakshuka
- Frittata – soyfree
- Southwestern Tofu Scramble with Chickpea tofu
More Sprout Recipes
- Sprouted Mung Bean Salad with seared carrots and chili lime dressing
- Spiced Lentil Sprouts, Cajun sweet potato bowl
- Spiced Mung Bean Sprout breakfast
- Sprouted Black Chickpea curry
You can serve these spiced sprouts as is with some lemon, and onion, or fill up tortillas with mashed avocado or guacamole and the spiced sprouts for a gluten-free breakfast. Add other spices for variation.
Print10 mins20 mins30 mins
Ginger Coriander Sprouted Lentils Avocado Toast. Sprout Lentils of Mung Beans, Lightly saute with ginger, onion and tomato and serve over Mashed Avocado Toast. Vegan Nutfree Soy-free Recipe.
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan Servings: 3 Calories: 424 kcalSprouted Lentils:
- 1.5 cups sprouted lentils , 3/4 cup dried lentils will yield
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium tomato , chopped small
- cayenne or black pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 Slices of Bread of choice toast lightly (optional)
- 2 ripe avocados mashed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or sesame seeds
- pepper and lemon for garnish
- Sprout the lentils: Soak 3/4 cup brown or green lentils overnight. Discard soaking water. Wash, drain and place in a colander. If the colander holes are too large, line with a paper towel, or use a bowl. I use a colander as it makes it easy to keep rinsing the lentils when sprouting. Cover with a thick damp towel or a plate and let sit on the counter. Rinse every morning and evening. Depending on the ambient temperature, the lentils will sprout within 2 to 3 days.
Cook: Saute onion in 1/2 tsp oil or a tbsp of water until translucent. 3 mins, Add ginger and mix in. Cook for half a minute.
Add spices, a pinch of salt and mix in. Add tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Mash the larger pieces.
Add sprouted lentils and salt and mix. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Mix and fluff, cover and cook for a minute. Switch off heat and let sit covered for another 2 mins for the flavors to meld.
Prep the avocado toast by spreading the mashed avocado on bread or toast. Serve the spiced lentils over avocado toast. Sprinkle some sesame or hemp seeds, lemon and pepper. Serve warm.
To make these gluten-free, serve the spiced lentils in gluten-free wraps with avocado or guacamole.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 Serves, includes whole grain bread slice.
Nutrition FactsGinger Coriander Sprouted Lentils Avocado Toast Amount Per Serving Calories 424 Total Fat 22g Saturated Fat 3g Sodium 489mg Potassium 1165mg Total Carbohydrates 44g Dietary Fiber 18g Sugars 5g Protein 16g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
While we are here, watch these videos on the problem that is plastic.
Just stats video: