Make this St. Patrick’s Day a grain and egg free treat with this Shamrock Pizza. Topped with colorful veggies, just like the rainbow, and coated in a pesto sauce, this is one lucky dinner options your kids would be oh-so lucky to sink their teeth into. Who knows? Maybe they’ll find a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow…
St Patricks Day is coming fast and I’ll take any excuse to celebrate a fun holiday (especially if pizza is involved.) I’ve always wanted to do a rainbow pizza and I get such a kick out of making holiday-themed foods and snacks. With recipes like these, you really get to let your creative flag fly, and enjoy the veggies of your labor.
Whether this rainbow shamrock pizza is for adults or kids, I find it’s just as fun to pick out and arrange the veggies and admire the flavors no matter what age. I chose a colorful veggie rainbow for my toppings but you can feel free to use any of your favorites for this.
Make dinner in a cinch with this grain free Shamrock Pizza this upcode St. Patrick’s Day:
Grain Free Shamrock Pizza Save Print Prep time Cook time Total time Author: Skyelar Dunn Serves: Serves 4 Ingredients
- 1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough mix
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 Tbsp. water
- ½ c. pesto
- 1 c. shredded mozerella cheese (or use dairy free if allergic)
- Your favorite pizza toppings
For rainbow toppings, use:
- red, green, orange bell peppers
- red onion
- chopped tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the water, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar with the grain free pizza dough mix and knead until a firm ball forms.
- Spread the dough into a round pizza shape and with your hands, begin forming shamrock shape.
- Add the pesto, cheese, and as many veggies you can squeeze in! You can go for a colorful rainbow like I did or simply use your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges of shamrock are nicely browned.
This post has been written by FnB contributor, Skyelar Dunn.
Skyelar is a digital marketing, food photographing, and cheeseburger connoisseur. When she is not at her 9-5 job at Green Valley Organics, you can find her in her kitchen listening to Frank Sinatra and taking food pics, or working on crafts to make her home look “more Pinterest.” You can follow her on Instagram here.
- Buffalo Totchos
- St. Patrick’s Day French Bread Pizzas
- Earth Day Pudding Cups (+ VIDEO)
- Love Bug Bites