Roasted Eggplant Potatoes Chickpeas with Moroccan Merguez seasoning. 1 Pan Sheet-pan Dinner! Veggies tossed in cumin, pepper, cinnamon, paprika blend, roasted then served with tahini dressing. Vegan Gluten-free soy-free Recipe.
I love trying out spice blends and spice combinations. The spices and herbs are what add delicious, intriguing, inviting flavors to the dish. This roasted veggie bowl uses the Moroccan Merguez blend usually used with meats. The blend adds an amazing smoky, cuminy, peppery flavor to whatever you use it on.
This Easy 1 Pan dinner comes together quickly. The veggies are tossed in some of the blend, then roasted. I use eggplants and potatoes. Potatoes are a great carrier for the blend. Crisp golden potatoes with paprika, cumin, cinnamon, pepper and garlic = yumm. Add some chickpeas, beans or other protein, and more of the blend and roast again. Serve the roasted mix over greens with just a drizzle of lemon juice, or make wraps. You can drizzle a bit of olive oil or use a creamy dressing like my tahini dill, or garlic sauce.
Simple, Satisfying, So Flavorful! For variation, try ras el hanout or baharat or harissa spice blends.
More Bowls from the blog-
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Curried Kidney Bean Bowl with quinoa, zucchini, mango salsa GF
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF
- Cajun Roasted Veggie Bowl with Garlic Sauce. GF
Veggies ready to bake. Use a Baking dish or sheet pan to roast.
5 from 2 votes Print10 mins45 mins55 mins
Roasted Eggplant Potatoes Chickpeas with Moroccan Merguez seasoning. Veggies tossed in cumin, pepper, cinnamon, paprika blend, roasted then served with tahini dressing. 1 Pan Sheet-pan dinner. Vegan Gluten-free soy-free Recipe.
Course: Main Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan Servings: 3 Calories: 421 kcal Author: Vegan RichaMerguez:
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 3/4 tsp coriander powder or a combination of 1/2 tsp coriander seeds and 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper corns or use 1/3 tsp ground
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika sweet paprika or a combination of sweet and smoked
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of cayenne optional , dash of cardamom (optional)
- 2 tsp oil
- 6 to 8 small eggplants cubed or 2 medium long
- 2 small potatoes , cubed small
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp merguez blend (above)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained or 1.25 cups cooked
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp merguez blend (above)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- lemon juice , chopped tomato or cucumber, greens to serve
- tahini sauce
- or garlic sauce to dress
- Add everything under Merguez seasoning in a blender or grinder and grind to a powder and set aside.
- Add oil to a baking dish and place in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cube the eggplants and potatoes and add to a bowl. Add the salt, 2 tsp merguez and mix well.
Remove pan and carefully (using gloves), add the spiced eggplant and potatoes and move around to spread evenly. They will sizzle. Spray some oil on top. Place the dish in the oven and Bake for 30 minutes.
Then remove the pan from the oven, mix in the chickpeas, garlic and rest of the spice mix and some salt and a dash of lemon juice. Mix well to distribute.
Place back in the oven and Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Taste carefully and adjust salt heat and flavor. Add more of the spices like cumin, cinnamon and paprika if needed or some zatar.
Serve over greens, or make wraps with tahini dressing and hummus or serve with garlic sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley. Add some warm pita bread to the bowl if you wish.
For variation, Use ras el hanout or baharat (from Everyday Kitchen book) or harissa spice blends.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 serves includes tahini dressing
Nutrition FactsRoasted Eggplant Potatoes Chickpeas with Moroccan Merguez seasoning Amount Per Serving Calories 421 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 686mg Potassium 1596mg Total Carbohydrates 62g Dietary Fiber 20g Sugars 10g Protein 17g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.