Happy National Vegetarian Week! This year it’s all about sharing and enjoying delicious veggie food with your friends, family, colleagues, neighbours and community. Cooking for and with other people is a great way to introduce them to vegetarian living and make it fun too!
To celebrate the event I’ve got an amazing prize to give away! A super-duper high-powered Optimum 9200 Blender from Froothie.
“The Optimum 9200 next generation blender is a commercial-grade super blender designed for longevity, versatility and BRAWN. Stronger, faster and more powerful than a Vitamix, the Optimum 9200 will set you up to make amazing soups, the silkiest smoothies, super smooth dips, nut butters, ice cream and more. This is the best blender you’ll ever use and the last blender you’ll ever need. Once you try it, you’ll wish you’d had it all your life. ”
A few features you’re going to love:
- Crushes ice in seconds
- Easy to use, with three speeds, three timer settings and a pulse button
- 6 blade assembly creates a vortex that will suck your ingredients down and make blending a breeze
- Super easy to clean and maintain by simply blending water in the jug at high speed
I own an Optimum 9400 which is the model before the 9200. There’s not a lot of difference between the two but the 9200 is a little more powerful, has a digital display and an automatic blending function. Read my full review of the Optimum 9400 (and get another awesome smoothie recipe!) here.
See the bottom of this post for details on how to enter.
I’ve got quite a lot of smoothie recipes on my blog already and I love them all but this Lemon, Ginger & Green Tea Smoothie is my current favourite! It seemed fitting to share it with you today while we’re talking blenders…
As well as being a smoothie fanatic, I’m a herbal tea fanatic and this drink combines both!
Here, green tea comes in the form of matcha powder as it’s easier to use and stronger than brewed and cooled loose leaf/bagged green tea, and lemon and fresh ginger give it a really bright, clean flavour that makes it even more energising. I like my smoothies creamy and to sustain me through the morning so I add a dose of plant protein in the form of hemp seeds which manages both of those things.
PrintLemon, Ginger & Green Tea Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 Serving (or 2 snack-size smoothies)
- 1 Frozen Banana OR Pear
- 1 Large handful of kale or spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 tsp Matcha (Green tea) powder
- 1-2" Fresh ginger
- 3/4 C Coconut water
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Coconut nectar OR liquid sweetener of choice
- Blend together all ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth and creamy.
* I don't even bother peeling my ginger as my blender just pulverises it down to nothing but if you're not using a high-powered blender you might need to peel and grate it.
UK entries only please (sorry international friends!).
Competition now closed. Thanks for all your entries.
If you’re new to Coconut and Berries, please sign up for email updates and join me elsewhere! I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram(@coconutandberries), Google + and Twitter! You can also follow Coconut and Berries with Bloglovin or Feedly.